About the customer
Bancontact Payconiq Company (BPC) is a Belgian company providing payment experiences. In 2018, Bancontact Company and Payconiq Belgium merged into BPC, providing both electronical and mobile payment solutions for Belgians.
The Payconiq by Bancontact app is the preferred mobile payment solution in Belgium. The app enables smooth payment experiences, allowing users to pay between friends and colleagues, or to pay for purchases in-store or online using their smartphone. The Payconiq by Bancontact app is available in all EU stores. Users with a Bancontact card from a Belgian issuer, who hold a Belgian bank account can link their details and benefit from all features.
With 1.1 billion contactless card payments in 2022, the Bancontact card remains the preferred payment solution of Belgians.
Evolutions and trends in the payment landscape drives the team to invest in leading-edge and easy to use features.www.bancontactpayconiq.com
As a leading provider of payment systems, BPC knows how critical it is for their customers to provide seamless, reliable, and cost-efficient solutions to cope with their ever-growing business demands.
BPC wanted to build a strong and lasting relationship with an AWS Managed Services Certified partner to delegate several IT activities:
- Support and advisory services to build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for applications and workloads
- 24/7 support of the platform
BPC requested Arηs Spikeseed to provide Managed Services for two IT ecosystems hosted in the AWS Cloud: backend services and hosting infrastructure for their mobile Application, and a series of public websites dedicated to marketing of BPC products.
About the project
To provide this Managed Service to Bancontact Payconiq, Arηs Spikeseed:
- Designs and operates AWS infrastructure related to Mobile backend components and public websites
- Detects and solves issues proactively
- Provides added value with innovative ideas, improvement and evolution of the AWS ecosystem to optimise cost and performance
- Proposes concrete project solutions
AWS Services used are:
- AWS S3
- AWS EC2
- AWS RDS
- AWS CloudTrail & AWS CloudWatch integrated with Datadog
- AWS Route 53
- AWS SNS
- AWS SSM
- AWS SES
- AWS CloudHSM
- AWS Appstream 2
- AWS Codebuild / CodeCommit
Arηs Spikeseed Managed Services solution builds up on substantial internal investment and extensive experience. As a result, Arηs Spikeseed is operating a wide variety of environments. The knowledge and processes created over the years are a determining factor in successfully handling BPC’s vertical ecosystem..
The professionalism of Arηs Spikeseed was key in gaining trust from BPC to receive the responsibility of Managing their IT Environment.
The solution implemented:
- Outsources Enterprise-grade infrastructure maintenance
- Provides 24/7 support with global expertise
- Ensures AWS Best practices compliance
- Provides guidance and analysis
- Increases service availability
- Reduces infrastructure costs
What the customer says...
We are very happy about the "one-stop-shop" service delivered by Arηs Spikeseed. From architecture to service delivery and management, Arηs Spikeseed supported us in the seamless deployment of this new product which is a key element of our digital strategy. Jérôme Deliège, Chief Technology Officer at Bancontact Payconiq Company