About the customer
Alpega Group is a leading global logistics software company offering modular solutions that cover all transportation and logistics complexity needs. By bringing together the best solutions and market expertise, the Alpega Group has created the transportation industry’s only scalable end-to-end software suite.
Alpega Market Place is a European freight exchange community covering road transport needs for both domestic and international routes. Our members benefit from the latest digital solutions for a more cost-efficient, secure, and sustainable transportation. Under its current brand name, Alpega has brought together various software solutions: Alpega TMS (Charger TMS), Teleroute (European freight exchange), Wtransnet (Iberian freight exchange), BursaTransport (Romanian freight exchange) and 123cargo (freight exchange for Eastern Europe).www.alpegagroup.com
Arηs Spikeseed was asked to provide Managed Services for two IT ecosystems. These IT ecosystems are currently hosted within the AWS Cloud and 2 private on-prem datacenters in Barcelona.
As one of logistics industries leading provider for software solutions, Alpega Group knows how critical it is for their customers to provide seamless, reliable, and cost-efficient solutions to cope with their ever-growing business demands.
Alpega group wanted to build a strong and lasting partnership with an AWS Managed Services Certified partner to delegate all IT activities. Three reasons drove this decision:
- First, Alpega wanted support and advise to help them build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications and workloads.
- Second, free up time and resources to focus on added value business workloads.
- Third, Alpega was looking for a solution for the support 24/7 of the platform.
About the project
To provide this Managed Service to Alpega, Arηs Spikeseed:
- Takes care of the D2D management of AWS and on-premises workloads
- Detects and solves issues proactively
- Implement AWS best practices
- Provides added value with innovative ideas, improve and evolve AWS ecosystem
- Proposes project Solution
Arηs Spikeseed operates AWS on behalf of Alpega, providing a secure and compliant AWS Landing Zone, a proven enterprise operating model, on-going cost optimization, and day-to-day infrastructure management.
AWS Services used are:
- AWS S3
- AWS EC2
- AWS RDS
- AWS OpenSearch
- AWS CloudTrail & AWS CloudWatch integrated with Datadog
- AWS Route 53
- AWS SNS
- AWS SSM
- AWS MQ
Arηs Spikeseed Managed Services solution builds up on substantial internal investment and extensive experience. As a result, Arηs Spikeseed is operating a wide variety of environments, both on-prem and in the cloud. The knowledge and processes created over the years are a determining factor in successfully handling Alpega’s complex and Hybrid ecosystem.
The professionalism of Arηs Spikeseed was key in gaining trust from Alpega to receive the responsibility of Managing their IT Environment.
The solution implemented:
- Outsources Enterprise-grade infrastructure maintenance
- Provides 24/7 support with global expertise
- Ensures AWS Best practices compliance
- Provides guidance and analysis
- Increases service availability
- Reduces infrastructure costs
What the customer says...
To decrease the load on our internal infrastructure team and ensure the stability of our platform, we were looking for a partner to carry out all operational infrastructures management in a mutualized team. Our infrastructure is in transition phase between the old data center and AWS. Arηs Spikeseed provides us a mutualized team with the necessary expertise to manage this hybrid structure. We have built a relationship of trust with them that allows us to give them full responsibility for production environments, whether for the deployment of applications, monitoring and interventions in the event of a problem. Arηs Spikeseed’s team successfully proved us on several occurrences its competency by significantly help us to keep the platform operational for our daily 20.000 users Benoit Olbrechts, Head of Software & Infrastructure at Alpega